Monday, 12 January 2009

Pastors' Prayer Summit @ Malacca, 12-15 Jan 09

Attended my first-ever Pastors' Prayer Summit @ Malacca with my senior and 2 other pastors, though I'm technically still a ministry staff. This annual gathering of local pastors and para-church leaders is organised by LoveSingapore, and this is the 14th year running. Had the pleasure of catching up with old friends, particularly Ian Wong, my classmate from secondary school, who I bunked with, and Wei-en, my JC arts schoolmate and council mate. Ian's a youth staff @ Kum Yan Methodist, and Wei-en's a youth pastor @ The Bible Church. Ian was helping out in the summit with the worship team, playing, singing and leading.

The likes of Edmund Chan, Vincent Lun, Derek Hong and Lawrence Khong gave keynote addresses. One thing that resonated with me was the need for mutual support and encouragement. Each session ended with participants spending time to pray for one another in small groups, affirming and blessing each other and their ministries. Out of our own discussions between Wei-en, Ian and myself, was a clear conviction to start a small prayer support group among us peers in full-time ministry. God had spoken to me and laid this burden on my heart for some time, just that I had been waiting on it. I had Ian in mind. When Wei-en brought it up at summit, everything just sync-ed and we all knew that this was the Lord's leading.

We have been meeting since Feb, once a month. Happy to note that one more has joined our little GPS (guys prayer support), Clarence Lim, my NUS SEA classmate and staff at Toa Payoh Methodist. More about GPS in a later entry.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home