Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Singapore General Elections 2011

I'm really quite excited with the upcoming General Elections 2011. For the first time in my life, I'm eligible to vote, as I'm under Sembawang GRC, which is being contested by SDP this time round (in fact, 82 out of 87 seats, compared to 2006, 47 out of 84, and 2001, 29 out of 84). For the previous 2 elections, I was living in Novena under Tanglin-Cairnhill, which has been moved around from being a SMC, to part of Kreta Ayer-Tanglin, then now Tanjong Pagar GRC (which has never been contested, even this round, when the opposition team missed the submission deadline by 35 seconds!).

One of my schoolmates is even running under WP for East Coast GRC. You can find out more about him, Gerald Giam, at his socio-political blog here.
 
Blogpastor has written an excellent and succint summary of key issues to consider as Christians when voting in our General Elections. You can read it here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home